First, I completed an indoor triathlon this weekend. I am counting it as my triathlon goal, although I am hoping to maybe do an outdoor one in the future. It actually went pretty well, my co-worker Cathy signed us up for the tri, and being indoors, it was on stationary bikes and treadmills. I have to assume it may be easier outside when I can actually be traveling somewhere. In addition the pool was 87 degrees!!! Great if you plan on hanging out in the pool, horrible if you plan on trying to move through the water. I was also proud of myself for not falling on my face on the treadmill, since I usually run/walk on an indoor track. Oh yeah, did I mention I really do not like running- it would have to be last :). For those of you who are able to stick to your 9 minute miles on long distances...kudos to you. I only managed my 1 1/2 miles in 15 minutes. I am not a runner, and I am slow when I do run. I was proud that I ran without falling back on walking.
Secondly, we bought Gavin a violin! When Gavin started playing the violin we started out renting it because we figured he would grow out of the size pretty quick. (For those that are unaware, violins come in different sizes so kids can play). we went to Christian Eggert Violins in Duluth and looked into renting. He started out on a 1/10 size. That last for about 3 months, then he was moved to 1/8 size. So we thought it made sense to keep renting a violin. Well he has actually been on that size for a year now, so it is better to own one. So we bought his rental, but we also picked up all the assorted sizes from mom and dad Dobo's house, and we will set to work on getting some bows and strings repaired as well. We do like Gavin's violin, and he is excited that it is "his."
So, during our busy weekend, I managed to complete 2 more of my 101, making me feel better about the big list I have created!!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you for complete more things on your list!! You're making such good progress!
Post a Comment