Thursday, May 29, 2008

Last Day of 2nd grade!

Today is Gavin's last day of school. Last weekend he spent the weekend saying "I cannot believe there are only 3 days left of school!" Last night it was "I can't believe it only one day left" and then he goes into a giggle fit he is so excited. Remember the days when you were so excited about the last day of school?! As a teacher I still get to be excited about the last day of school, but I also know of the work I do when school is not in session daily. So my thoughts are more along the line, "Yay it is the last day of school so I can get paperwork done by not being online all hours of the day!"

Anyways back to Gavin...he has big plans for the summer. Most of them involve playing outside with friends. It has been so neat to see the transformation that has occurred in both the boys since we moved off campus and now live in a neighborhood full of children that would spend dawn to dusk running around outside if they could. We also end up playing host to many little boys at the house. For instance last Sunday we sat down with the boys and one friend who was spending the night to watch National Treasure II. Then about half way through the doorbell rang and in piled a few more boys. They sat down for about 2 minutes (during a scene that the FBI enters the house) and then they all jumped up and started running around the house playing FBI. Life is certainly never dull!

So I got pretty off topic from the last day of school, but all in all it is weird to say that after today we have a 3rd grader!!!

No comments: