Since mother's day is fast approaching, I thought I could share a mother's day email I received. This is a sampling from that email forward and thought I could add my own comments, feel free to add your as well :) (The email had really cute pics that I did not transfer those)
"Somebody said it take about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby"
"That somebody doesn't know that once you are a mother "normal" is history"
--my input: this is accurate, I am pretty sure normal was always having my own bed, now I often share it with a 5 year old who wakes up cold, or a couple of dogs, or ...
"Somebody said that being a mother is boring..."
"That somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a learner's permit"
--my input: What is boring? I surely do not live it :)
"Somebody said if you are a "good" mother your child will turn out 'good.'"
"That somebody thinks that a child comes with directions and a guarantee"
"That somebody thinks that a child comes with directions and a guarantee"
--my input: When my children are not good, they become Matt's ;) Therefore my children are always good!!
"Somebody sad that "good" mothers never raise their voice"
"That somebody never came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through the neighbors window"
--my input: or look out the back window just in time to see their son pull down their pants to take a pee in the backyard where the whole neighborhood can see
"Somebody said you don't need an education to become a mother"
"That somebody never helped their fourth grader with math"
--my input: or try helping their second grader with social studies
"Somebody said a mother can find all her answers to questions in her child rearing book"
"That somebody never had their child stuff beans up her nose or in his ears"
--my input: I guess I never questioned why Garek put craft beads up his nose, not once or twice, but three times!! But I did question his paternal heritage ;)
"Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery"
"That somebody never watched her "baby" get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten"
--my input: or start preschool, go to daycare, go on their first overnight with a friend, play their first violin recital, etc
No comments:
Post a Comment