Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happenings with the "little people"...

I call Gavin and Garek the little people. Mostly because I realize they will someday be bigger than me. I even call them shorty when I can, knowing this too will end.

Anyways, today Gavin lost a tooth. His 8th tooth!! He was pretty happy about that since it has been quite awhile since he lost tooth number 7. He even started telling about the first tooth he lost- that kid has a great memory!!

Garek on the other hand, was into mischief (what's new you all say?!) So I saw pencil markings on the wall. One was a very nicely drawn 5. And since Garek turned 5, that has been his favorite number. So of course I asked him "Garek did you draw on mommy's wall?" "No mommy," he responded. I tried again (we have been working on honesty) "I think it is a very nice five, someone has drawn a good looking five, too bad it was not on paper." Garek's response "Lucy (the dog) did it. She was drawing on the wall." So much for honesty.... although it was hard not to laugh as I responded "I guess we should be sending Lucy to school then." (Sarcasm is lost on a five year old.)

3 comments:

Katie said...

8th tooth huh? I can't believe it but Anthony's 2nd is just about to come out already..I think the tooth fairy is going to go broke soon...haha.

Your comment about sending Lucy to school cracked me up.

Gigi said...

The tooth fairy brought a dollar coin for the first tooth, and ever since each tooth has only been worth a quarter.

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I love the things kids say. They think they're so clever! Keep sharing those conversations!