
On Sunday April 27, 2008 Gavin received his First Holy Communion. What a blessed event. It was great that so many people could celebrate with us on this special day. It was a beautiful day, although it had snowed on Saturday, it was all melted and the grass was a spectacular green. Granted it was bit chilly for late April, it was gorgeous out! Matt and I processed in with Gavin and we sat in a pew with him, then he read one of the petitions (this is amazing, since Gavin normally dislikes reading, perhaps doing the Lord's work helped), he received his first communion and they sang a song as a group. There were 26 First Communicants, so it was cute. After mass, we had a lunch at our house and hung around catching up and spending time together. It was nice and I could not ask for a better celebration of Gavin's special day!

Gavin receives the Blood of Christ

The Dobo Family

The Light Battenberg Family

A Proud Mom and Dad with Gavin!

Brothers!
The song the kids sang:
"Jesus in the Eucharist, I believe in you
You have promised me yourself, and your word is true.
Son of God, I long for you, come to me and stay
Be the Bread that makes me grow, more like you each day.
Bless my family and my friends, who are here today,
Help to make us more like you, Lord in, in every way.
May our hearts be filled with joy, and our love increased,
As we join to share in this Eucharistic feast."
1 comment:
Love it..Love it..Love it.I'm sure glad you two are getting older instead of me. Congrats to Gavin
Post a Comment