It seems one of the reasons I hesitate to blog is I always want a picture to go with the blogging. I have come to realize if I do that we will never blog. You would think with all the techno savvy we have going on in our household that posting pictures would be a snap...but it seems they are always on a SD card which is not near the computer!
This past weekend we celebrated Thanksgiving with Grandpa Guy and Grandma Sue. It was a great meal and it was nice catching up with my brother and step brothers and their guests. On Friday Jody and I headed out for our annual shopping extravaganza. This year I needed to enlist Matt's help as there weer a couple of things at Shopko that were needed and he was the only person that could get there for those gifts! He did a good job, and was out of the store by 5:30 AM. Jody and I managed to hit up Old Navy, Walmart, Target and JC Penney's by 6:15 AM. It may seem like that is a lot of shopping, but there were relatively few items purchased at each stop and I am now all done Christmas shopping!
One of the reasons I am done shopping is we had our Dobosenski Christmas on Saturday. Andee and Bryan are expecting their bundle of joy at the beginning of January and traveling around Christmas will be near impossible, so we decided to move Christmas ahead by a month for this year. As Bryan pointed out, this means Christmas came early this year but will feel late next year. It was a nice to hang out with the family. We had lots of food, played games and opened gifts. We make our exchange gifts and it is always great to see the creativity and talent of the family come to light!
On Sunday we came home because Matt had Christmas in Christ Chapel activities to attend to. It was nice being able to unpack from the weekend and get laundry done! Then, when I sat down to check my email I had a pleasant surprise waiting! My comprehensive exam results were in my inbox! I passed my comprehensives. What a relief! Although I take a moment to "jump up and down" over this. I then realize I have to work on my dissertation. I am hoping to maintain my sanity and still be sociable during this time, but I truly hope you all understand when I am holed up in the house working on my dissertation. I promise to be more sociable when it is finished!
I had better wrap this up for now, my lunch break is over and it is time to work on a project with a student.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on passing the comprehensive exams! What a huge relief! I hope you get the dissertation gets done quickly and smoothly! Good luck!
Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Post a Comment