Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Busy with a capital "B"

I always use this excuse, but it is so true. We have been sooooo busy! I wish I had a few pics to share on here, but for now will recount October highlights:
  • Finished up Nobel, Fall Soccer, and Gustavus Homecoming
  • Had violin recitals- both boys did fabulous, they are turning into terrific violin players, and more importantly, confident young men!
  • Went to the Lutsen Alpine Slide with the Hagens! So much fun! The boys both did great and loved it. Even Garek, who crashed at the bottom and aged his mommy at least 10 years! He was bruised, but did not scrape or break anything!
  • Finished my second to last doctoral class- this means I have comprehensive exams next week, so do not expect too many extra updates!
  • I traveled to CA to work with schools in Solvang and San Luis Obispo. It is a beautiful area, and although it is significantly warmer, I do miss MN while I am there.
  • We took care of fall illnesses (I hope)- Gavin had an ear infection and Matt a sinus infection. Better than the Flu!
  • I attended a science conference where I immersed myself in household chemistry and forensics lessons to bring ideas to my students
  • Of course we also had our weekly collections of violin and piano lessons, school projects, religious ed and karate.

Good thing life is never dull at the St Peter Dobosenskis, now I just need time to share it!

No comments: