Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall is here!

I should have pictures to go with this, but decided if I did not blog now, I would not, and then I would revert to being a blog slacker again!

So last week, the weather in Minnesota decided to become more fall like, I should have known the goodness would not last. I liked the cool mornings and warm afternoons we had a few weeks ago. With this cool fall like weather came rain, which was a much needed blessing. For us it saved on the water bill! We have been having to water our sod regularly. (Eventually a post may appear here with pictures, but my sod laying hubby is super busy right now!)

So since my last posting, Gavin has had 3 soccer games, we had church fall fiesta, there were more tomatoes to be picked and a Mankato Symphony Concert as well as numerous meetings and appointments for all of us.

At this time of the year I am a " Nobel Widow." You know how some women are hunting widows or fishing widows? Well, part of Matt's job at Gustavus is to work on the production of the Nobel Conference. He does not do all of this by himself of course, but it sure seems like it when he is working until the wee hours of the morning only to get up and leave the house in the early hours as well (even on weekends). I have been able to best keep track of him by the Tweets he sends out that I see on facebook!

It is okay, we both keep on truckin and look forward to next Sunday when: Nobel is done, GAC Homecoming is done and I am back from my all school field trip at Camp St Croix! Somewhere during this week we will also have time for piano lessons, violin lessons, kids homework, my homework, tomatoes to can, and the rest of daily life! So with that said, I am off to bed before 11 PM, for probably the only evening this week, gotta get psyched for the rest of the week after all!

No comments: