I cannot believe that our youngest started all day kindergarten today! We are blessed to live in a district that provides all day education to all
kindergartners. Yesterday we met with his teacher, Mrs. Tapper. She is new to the district but has been teaching elementary school for 15 years. He seemed to like her. Last night he was so excited to start and this morning we could barely keep him inside until it was time to go. He was telling Matt to hurry up so they could leave!
Because of where we live, he has to walk nearly a mile or we need to give him a ride. I do not feel comfortable with him walking alone, so there will be days I walk him to school and days Matt drops him off (same goes for pick up). It is nice that I do not have to worry about my
kindergartner on the bus, even if it means blocking off time in my and Matt's schedules to play
chauffeur.
Starting out with a good breakfast:
Heading out the door saying "Come on dad!":
What a happy guy!
Silly faces!
2 comments:
Yeah! Now he gets to go to school everyday like everyone else in his family (since both you and Matt both work at schools). What a milestone!
yay! The pics are adorable..I hope he had a good first day! And I'm glad to see u blogging again :)
Post a Comment