As you can tell, 2009 is already a busy year. (It has taken me over a week into 2009 to blog about it!) Looking back on 2008 (the blog is very handy for this), it is apparent that we were a busy family! 2009 does not look any less busy as the boys get more and more involved in their own hobbies and interests. So far a big family change has been to start allowances and chores. The allowances are not based on chores, we just came up with them at the same time and signed a small family contract. It is the expectation that each boy has two chores a day plus homework. So far (knock on wood) they have done well. With their allowance also comes some restrictions- a certain amount goes into savings and a certain amount is given to church each week. I will have to update all later on how this is working out.
For myself, I took a look at my 101 list, as did many of my blogging pals :) I noticed that I completed 37 of 101 tasks last year, and I started in on 19 others! I think I will have to use this 101 list idea each 1001 days, it seems to keep me moving forward! In addition, there are a some 101 tasks I plan to do again (like the triathlon and going to violin camp with the boys) this year. The 101 things I really plan on focusing on this year are scrapbooks, finishing up more classes, losing my 40 pounds, and practicing violin with the boys. I am sure you will all eagerly read the blog posts for updates!
I apologize for the lack of pictures, but should remedy this during the weekend, when I am avoiding homework ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chores and allowances. Man, isn't that a sign of growing up!?!
I agree...I thought the blog was great for looking back at the stuff we did in the last year. I think that's my favorite part of having a blog. Here's to all the fun things we'll do in 2009!
Post a Comment