Monday, October 27, 2008

We did not make it...

Matt and I had a goal to not turn on the furnace until at least November 1st. It was a good goal to shoot for in the balmy state of Minnesota! We were doing really well too, we have nice South facing windows that help heat the house during the day. However, yesterday and this morning were too windy, cold and cloudy to hold out any longer. (Apparently we had wind gust equivalent to category 1 hurricanes yesterday, for those of you more familiar with that measurement scale). This morning I woke up to 63 degrees, and although that is just a little cooler than we normally let it get during the winter, it was still cloudy this morning, so we turned on the furnace. :( Of course now it is nice and sunny out and the house is heating itself back up, so we only had to run it for about 30 minutes this morning...but we did not make it to November 1. Later I will post some delightful pictures from yesterday :)

Sunday October 26, 2008. Yes, it is snowing in this picture!!!

2 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

We have had our heat on and off for about a week. Tomorrow the high will be 58 and the low at night will be 48 that is cold for around here.

Bryan said...

I had the same goal but I missed out by 2 weeks when I woke up one morning to it being 59 degrees in our house..