Monday, October 6, 2008

Presidential Gala and 10th year reunion.

On Friday Matt and I were lucky enough to be invited to attend a Gala in honor of the new President of Gustavus- Jack Ohle. It was amazing! It certainly gives you a new impression of your Alma mater when you see it all decked out! We had a 4 course meal with different wines offered at each course. It was was delicious. We also heard from the new president and a variety of college constituents about a new plan for the future of Gustavus. In addition we sat with other alum and heard about their years at Gustavus.

On Saturday I went to my 10th year class reunion at Gustavus. I will start off this section with...I cannot be that old already!! I was the event chair for the reunion, so I already had a good idea of what was going on, but it still could not prepare me for the fun and excitement of catching up with my fellow Gusties! It was a great day and night! We had a brunch, homecoming game, dinner, and drinks at Patrick's (local bar). It really makes me want to keep in touch with everyone even better and we all talked about how facebook is helping us stay in touch! I am so glad that this was part of my 101 list and I strongly encourage you all to make it to reunions when you can.

I was pretty busy Saturday and neglected to take many pictures... here are a couple.

A couple of my fellow committee members...Alicia and Karen


My roomate from Sophmore year and good friend Karin and I were catching up

Of course there was a game going on...

2 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Reunions can be a lot of fun. Gald you and you Matt were able to attend. Was that the first one you have been to?

Gigi said...

I went to out 5 year, but there were a lot fewer people. I think I was more aware of it this time, having to call many of my classmates myself :)