Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Surprise!

So this seems to be the year of Dobo surprise parties! My sis in law Jody (along with Katrina) threw me a surprise 10th year anniversary personal shower. What is this you may ask? Last winter Jody and I were discussing the fact that once you have been married for 10 years or so is when you should have a personals shower (a bridal shower with lingerie as well as regular shower gifts). This a good way to recognize the milestone, restock towels and other shower type gifts, as well as allow women to gather and recognize the things that made them fall in love and continue to grow in love.

Anyways, Jody must have been listening to me, because last Saturday Matt took me over to Jake and Jody's (I thought we were picking them up to go out to dinner), and after Jody answered the door, Matt gave me an invite...to my own shower. It was a complete surprise!! In the living room there was my mom, mother in law, sister in laws, grandmother in law and Jody's sister. It was great. Jake and Matt went back to the Dobos to help my father in law Mark care for the four boys, and us ladies had a fabulous dinner party. During the evening we reflected on my marriage to Matt, and they even gave me a quiz, like a newly wed game, where they had asked Matt a series of questions the night before. I got all of the questions right!! For you married folks, here are a couple of the questions, see what you think your spouse would answer:

Husband's shoe size:
Husband's favorite color:
Where would you go on a date right now?
Where would go on a dream vacation?
Where and when was your first kiss?
Where and when did you first meet?
What is your husband's favorite food?

As I previously stated, it was a great evening of relaxation! Thanks to my family for making me feel so special and taking time to recognize mine and Matt's love!! When I married I also joined a new family...I was blessed and still am.

2 comments:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Happy Anniversary!

Gigi said...

The funny thing is our anniversary is not until December!