Then we headed up to Duluth. Cathy and I were competing in the Brewhouse Triathlon in Duluth on Sunday and we needed to pick up our packets and drive the bike course so we would know where we were going.
On Sunday morning we made our way up to the Pike Lake area for the triathlon. It was really perfect weather, around 65-70 degrees. The sun made it hard to see the beach on the swim but we managed. Both Cathy and I finished (always our goal) and we even each managed to pass at least one person on the bike (another good goal). Cathy had trouble with an old stress fracture but managed to hobble her way into the finish line- yay! And for Cathy who will read this blog, when you spend enough time with us, you end up on our blog"
On Sunday morning we made our way up to the Pike Lake area for the triathlon. It was really perfect weather, around 65-70 degrees. The sun made it hard to see the beach on the swim but we managed. Both Cathy and I finished (always our goal) and we even each managed to pass at least one person on the bike (another good goal). Cathy had trouble with an old stress fracture but managed to hobble her way into the finish line- yay! And for Cathy who will read this blog, when you spend enough time with us, you end up on our blog"
Waiting in the water to start
Cathy in the lead on her bike! (I am right behind her, for a short while)
Gigi crosses the finish line
Cathy crosses the finish line!
We did a short presentation about EdVisions Off Campus High School (the school we work "at") at a hotel on Canal Park and then we packed up the boys, the dogs and headed back to Hudson to drop off Cathy. Then we swung over to Chaska to drop of the boys at Grammy and Grampy's house to visit for a few days while I have some school meetings and Matt tries to get caught up on work from having last week off.
2 comments:
I'm still trying to catch up on your blog! Congrats on finishing another traithalon! When are you going to do a half-marathon?
I do not know that I want to run that far :)
Post a Comment