Sunday, March 7, 2010
A productive weekend...
And hopefully it bodes well for the upcoming week! First I have to say that Matt is absolutely fabulous! I was having a hard time concentrating on dissertation work on the weekends because of the many home distractions...boys, cleaning etc. I felt torn about wanting to spend time with the family, doing household chores, and also working on that big giant project- my dissertation. Matt has helped me come up with a great solution, which gives him more work- thanks Honey! On Friday evenings, the boys chill with us, and then on Saturdays until about 2 PM or so, Matt has been wrangling the boys in household chores so that I can go off to a coffee shop or the library to do dissertation work. I leave here around 8, and that gives me 6 solid hours of work (plus the couple hours each evening). Then when I come home, I feel like I can "afford" some cleaning time (I do still do some of the cleaning too) and some relaxation time with the family. This weekend we were able to clean, watch a movie, play a game, give the dogs a bath, and I even did taxes. All of this was on Saturday! I felt very productive, and now as I get ready to finish up my Sunday chores (grocery shopping, laundry, hair cuts, oil change, etc) I am pleased to say, I feel I am ready for the week ahead. It is amazing how much more manageable the oncoming work week feels when I have had a chance to check multiple tasks off my list. I could not do this without my hubby! My EdD will only be made possible by my family help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You sound so busy! It's good that you get a lot done thought! Hope the dissertation gets done soon!
Post a Comment