For earth day, I decide to not drive to work...haha...many of you realize I work from home :)
Really, Garek and I planted some flowers outside, and the boys (along with most of the neighborhood) decided to start digging a big hole outside. We are pretty sure that someone told them it is the way to China. It is not really in our back yard, as there is a bike path and on the other side of the bike path is a berm up to the highway. The boys dig in the slight hill. Garek and I discussed what erosion is, but that does not seem to stop the 6 year old and pals when there is work to do with dirt and shovels!
Yesterday, when the boys were digging in the berm area, they actually transplanted a "tree." This tree is actually a bush that is growing in the area. They dug a hole, dug up the tree and moved it over. Then they gave it plenty of water. I guess our boys and the neighbor boys have been watching as Matt and Tim (the neighbor) have each planted trees in the backyard over the past couple of weeks. This is how little boys grow into big boys :) I love watching the imitation of daily adult life and household chores.
All in all we love spending time outside, and it is a good reminder on earth day how we want to keep our earth this way (or better) for the generations to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment