Matt and I really hope our boys to have enough experiences to turn out well-rounded without becoming too obsessed with one thing due to parent interest. We like the idea of trying team sports and individual sports and also having an instrument to play. Obviously as parents, it is easy to pick out things we were involved in: violin, swimming, soccer are such examples. This week we are broadening everyone's experience with a sport neither Matt nor I played...Tennis
Gavin has not played before, but one of Gavin's friends, Isaac, had tried tennis before, and his mother and I thought it would be fun for a few other boys to join in the fun. He gets to go over to the Tennis Bubble on Tuesdays for 5 weeks to learn some of the basics. After one lesson, he is already saying things like back volley, forward volley...He also plans to save his allowance for a tennis racket. That must mean he REALLY likes it because he usually saves his allowance for things like Nerf Guns :) Here is a picture of Gavin in action....
No comments:
Post a Comment